CRRSAA and ARP Notice and Update
Tuesday, January 10, 2023
In our recent notice dated October 7, 2022, we updated you on our current status related to the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), Public Law 116-260, signed into law on Dec. 27, 2020, and authorizes funding support for higher education (and other agencies). Additionally, on May 11, 2021, the U.S. Department of Education provided additional support to students and institutions of higher education, which is made available through the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act’s Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF III). These funds support students and institutions toward recovery efforts so that we can emerge from the pandemic even stronger. This is an update to the July 11, 2022 notice.
- HCU has signed, acknowledged, and returned to the Department of Education the required Certification and Agreement for HEERF III funding. A sample copy of this certification and more information regarding the HEERF funding can be found via the following links:
- The 2021 HEERF Annual report to the Department of Education can be viewed in the 2021 Annual HEERF Report to U.S. Department of Education PDF.
- The first quarter report for 2022, for the period January through March 2022, has been amended to reflect a cash reporting basis rather than an accrual reporting basis based on the revised guidance from the Department of Education. (See the amended First Quarter Budget and Expenditure Report PDF for details.)
- The second quarter report for 2022, for the period April through June 2022, can be viewed at the Second Quarter Budget and Expenditure Report PDF.
- The third quarter report for 2022, for the period of July through September 2022, can be viewed at the Third Quarter Budget and Expenditure Report PDF.
- The fourth quarter report for 2022, for the period of October through December 2022, can be viewed at the Fourth Quarter Budget and Expenditure Report PDF.
As more information becomes available, this page will be updated accordingly.
“And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment, so that you may distinguish the things that are excellent, in order to be sincere and blameless until the day of Christ.” Philippians 1:9-10