Guidelines for Linda Dunham School of Nursing
Archived Material – this page applied to 2020-21 academic year only
- Complete the clinical waiver form before attending any off-campus clinical/internship experience.
- Complete the health assessment screening questionnaire and record their temperature, which will be taken outside the lab each day before entering. *Do not come to the skills lab or anywhere on campus or to the clinical if temperature is above 100.4.
- Provide their own face mask for any on-campus activities including meetings and labs.
- Practice skills using their own supplies purchased in the nursepack kit purchased at the beginning of the program unless directed otherwise.
- Partner with one student at the beginning of the semester to practice core competency and health assessment skills for the entire semester.
- Video record partner assessments (cell phone is okay) and send them to faculty for evaluation.
- Thoroughly clean all non-disposable equipment space used for the lab according to the published guidelines, and dispose of the cleaning materials properly in designated receptacles.
- Maintain appropriate distance while performing required skills. If it is necessary to touch your simulation lab partner, then students must wear the required PPE.
- Remain in the assigned simulation lab area or assigned space until dismissed.
After verifying that students have completed the screening and temperature assessment, Faculty will:
- Separate nondisposable items for simulation lab sessions along with cleaning materials into boxes—one box for each group.
- Deploy each box to a distant location in and around the simulation lab area, including unused classrooms and faculty offices.
- “Round” on students in each area during the designated class time to answer questions and verify students’ accuracy in skills and procedure. Appropriate PPE is required.
- Dismiss students from the area after verifying that proper cleaning of space and nondisposable equipment was performed, and after verifying that disposal equipment and cleaning materials are properly managed.
- Oversee the cleaning of the simulation manikins according to manufacturers’ guidelines.
- Collect boxes of nondisposable items used for each class and return to the simulation lab for inspection and further cleaning before next use.