Covenant Fellows Program
The purpose of the Covenant Fellows Program is to give students called to Christian ministry financial, personal and professional support as they further their undergraduate development into competent and holistically educated ministers/professors/missionaries.
HCU covenants with our students and with local churches to provide educational and professional experiences that will prove beneficial to both those studying in the program and those churches supporting and employing our ministerial students.
Each member of the program will take part in multiple ministry growth and preparation opportunities:
Requirements for program applicants:
- Must have a competitive SAT and/or ACT score, and a competitive high school GPA
- Must communicate a clear call to vocational Christian ministry
- Must have a proven record of church, community, and leadership involvement
- Must provide a recommendation from (1) current church minister and (2) high school educator
- Must either major or minor in Christianity
- Must attend an accredited seminary or masters program after graduation*
- Must serve at least 1 year of college as an intern at local church and/or parachurch ministry.
- Must attend at least 3 cadre sessions each semester dedicated to ministerial preparation.
- Must live on campus for the first 6 semesters of study.
Important 2022-2023 Application Dates
August 16 – Application Deadline
August 23 – Decision Letters Emailed
September 2 – Candidate Acceptance Deadline
For more information please come by our office area, second floor in the Brown right above the HCU Bookstore,
or visit us at the Student Life Organization fairs.