School of Christian Thought
Craig Evans, PhD
John Bisango Distinguished Professor of Christian Origins
- DHabil, Theology, Károli Gáspár Református University
- PhD, Biblical Studies, Claremont Graduate University
- MA, Biblical Studies, Claremont Graduate University
- MDiv, Biblical Studies, Western Baptist Seminary
- BA, History, Claremont McKenna College
- Jesus and the Gospels
- Paul and His Letters
- Book of Acts
- Dead Sea Scrolls and the New Testament
- Archaeology and the New Testament
- New Testament Backgrounds
- Early Judaism and the New Testament
Dr. Evans’ primary teaching focus is New Testament and background to the New Testament.
Dr. Evans has published more than 600 scholarly studies, including more than 70 books. He is a member of the Institute for Biblical Research, the Society of Biblical Literature, and the prestigious Society of New Testament Studies. He has served as the editor-in-chief of the Bulletin for Biblical Research, and has served on several editorial boards of journals and scholarly monograph series.
Awards and Honors
Dr. Evans has won awards for three of his books. In 2006 he received the Acadia University Alumni Award for Scholarly Excellence and in 2007 he was given the Leadership Award by Crandall University (Moncton, New Brunswick).
Previous professional jobs
1 year at McMaster University; 21 years at Trinity Western University in British Columbia; 13 years at Acadia University (the Divinity College).