Traditional Undergraduate Admissions
Houston Christian University offers a broad diversity of academic, cultural, professional, spiritual and relational opportunities. With eight schools and colleges offering 76 majors and nine pre-professional programs, come and learn what we mean by A Higher Education at HCU. Apply for our campus or online programs and start something new!
Just Getting Started?
New here? No problem. Here’s where to start.
- Location: Houston, TX
- Type: Private
- Student-Faculty Ratio: 16:1
- Undergrad Enrollment: 2,780
- Ethnic Diversity: 69%
A Higher Education
Inside or outside of the classroom, we give you a foundation you will build upon the rest of your life. Our programs are designed to foster meaningful discussion around the questions that matter, and the ideas that shape the world.
The numbers can be daunting, but dig a little deeper and you will find that most HCU students are eligible for scholarships. Eligibility consideration for most of our merit awards is automatic with your application for admission.
Tuition and Aid
Considering Houston Christian University?
Here’s how to show your interest and get to know us.
Become a part of a Christian university committed to academic excellence, the enrichment of spiritual lives and the development of moral character.
Freshmen Student Admission
Apply and see why students are choosing HCU to continue their education. Receive a decision within two weeks and a Progress Toward Degree document two days after that. Apply for Fall 2023.
Transfer Student Admission
Chances are you will feel at home at HCU. The university has a very diverse student population from many different cultural and religious backgrounds.
International Student Admission
- Other Student Types
- Homeschool freshmen are students whose primary or secondary level education has been conducted at home in their community overseen by their parents or parentally designated other, rather than in a public or private institutional school setting. Please visit our Homeschool student page.
- Post-Baccalaureate: Students with a bachelors degree who are either seeking a second degree or looking to take undergraduate courses for other reasons, such as taking the prerequisites for med school.
- Post-baccalaureate students should apply using the transfer application and send the official transcript from the college that the degree was earned.
- Post-baccalaureate students are not eligible for freshman or transfer merit awards.
- Degree-seeking post-baccalaureate students are eligible for financial aid through the FAFSA.
- Transient Students: Transient students are current undergraduate students at a university other than HCU who desire to enroll at HCU for a single term with the intention of taking the credit back to their university. This excludes students who have already earned a bachelor’s degree. Please view the Transient Student procedures.
- Previous Undergraduate Applicants: If you have been admitted to HCU within the last year but did not attend, you do not have to re-apply. Instead, please complete the online update form and select your desired entry term. If it has been more than a year since your acceptance, you will need to reapply.
- Previous HCU Students: If you have previously attended HCU and wish to return please see the readmission process.
On Campus Visits
If you’d prefer to visit our campus, we have plenty of options. See our Visit HCU page or sign up for a personal campus tour!
Don’t stop here. There’s more to explore!