Freshmen students are students attending HCU directly after high school graduation.
Welcome to Houston Christian University! As a member of the freshman class you will become a part of a Christian university committed to academic excellence, the enrichment of spiritual lives and the development of moral character.
We look forward to being there as you begin a new chapter in your life—one that will be full of opportunities for building relationships and defining your life.
What Are HCU’s Admissions Requirements?
Generally speaking, HCU is looking for students in the top half of their high school class and with a 1070 or higher on the SAT (Math and EBRW sections combined), 21 composite score on the ACT, or 69 on the CLT.*
Here are some stats on the incoming freshman class of Fall 2021:
- 51% were in the top quarter of their high school class
- The average RSAT score (Math and EBRW combined) was 1144
- The average ACT composite score was 25
* These qualifications do not guarantee acceptance to HCU.
Apply to HCU
Complete and submit our online application.
Submit your High School Transcript
Submit an official transcript from each high school you have attended. Transcripts will only be considered official when sent directly from the institution to HCU. *Please note that even if transcripts are sent electronically, they will take at least 2 weeks to be received and processed.
Transcripts can be sent a few ways:
- Submit electronically: Ask your counselor or registrar to send your transcript to HCU!
- Send.edu code: 6282
- TREX code: 6282
- Clearinghouse (college transcripts only): 6282
- Mailed to: Houston Christian University
Office of Admissions
7502 Fondren Rd
Houston, TX 77074
The following links are items of interest for freshmen: