Transfer Student Admission
If you are considering transferring to Houston Christian University, you are in good company. Each year, transfer students come for many reasons: the quality of our academic programs, our generous transfer merit awards, our small class sizes and low student-to-faculty ratio, and the welcoming Christian environment.
We have pages specifically for the following institutions:
- Blinn College
- Blinn College Engineering
- Galveston College
- Houston Community College
- Lone Star College
- San Jacinto students
- Tarrant County College
- Wharton County Junior College
See the HCU Transfer Guide (PDF) for information applicable to all transfer students.
Texas Community College Guarantee
Houston Christian University has recently announced guaranteed admission for students who have completed an associate’s degree at a community college in Texas. Learn more about our agreement with local community colleges.
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
For high school students and prospective transfer students
Join us for a Saturday morning visit to get a close-up look at A Higher Education during Saturdays at HCU. Our Admissions Counselors will host information sessions to help provide insight about life and learning here at HCU. Following the information session, enjoy exploring HCU thanks to a campus tour! Family members are welcome to attend.
Will my credit hours transfer?
- If you have attended a college or university in the state of Texas, please see our course equivalency guide.
- If the course is not on the above list, you can compare your earned credits via the Texas Common Course Numbering System reference table.
- Contact the Admissions Office for detailed information
What happens after I am admitted?
- You will receive the following items in the mail:
- Acceptance letter
- Transfer Merit Award (eligibility dependent on 15 hours of transferable credit and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5)
- Progress Toward Degree (PTD) explaining how all of your credits transferred.