School of Nursing and Allied Health
Assistant Professor of Nursing
- DNP (current) – Vanderbilt, Nashville, TN
- MSN – UT Health Science Center, Houston, Texas
- BSN – Houston Baptist University
- Adult Health II
- Health Assessment
Pathophysiology, pharmacology, Medical Surgical nursing, specifically urology
- Brownlee, N. (2022). Circumcision in the Adult Male-Surgical Considerations. Urologic Nursing, 42(1), 28-29. https://doi.org/10.7257/2168-4626.2022.42.1.28
- Brownlee, N. (2019). Genitourinary History and Physical Examination for the Adult Male Patient. In S.A. Quallich (Ed.). Manual of Men’s Health (pp. 35-43). (1st ed.). New York, NY: Springer
- Brownlee, N. (2019). Peyronie’s Disease. In S.A. Quallich (Ed.). Manual of Men’s Health (pp. 291-295). (1st ed.). New York, NY: Springer
- Poster Presentation at South Central Section, Urology, Sept. 2015.
Reducing Fluoroscopy Time in the Cystoscopy Suite: A Simple, Cost-effective Intervention
Cameron Ghaffary, MD Rafay Soleja, MS, Nancy Brownlee, NP, Joseph Sonstein, MD,
Division of Urology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas.
- Brownlee, N. (1999). Taking the Mystery Out of Ureteroscopy. AORN Journal, 69, 162-171.
- Brownlee, N. (1995). Urologic Instruments. In K. Karlowicz (Ed.). Urologic Nursing: Principals and Practice, (pp.655-682). Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders.
- Urologic Nursing, A Study Guide, 1995 Contributor (Workbook)
- Brownlee, N., Foster, M. (1990). Controlled Inversion Therapy. Journal of Urology, 143, 1096-1098.
Committee Service/Offices Held
- Student Discipline Committee
- SNAH Faculty Committee
- APG Nursing Committee
Awards & Honors
- Outstanding FNP student, Faculty Award of Excellence, Family Nurse Practitioner graduating class of 2013, UT Houston Health Science Center, Houston, Texas
- Leadership award, 1999, 2001 at Cook Medical Medical Device Co. Urological Division
- Who’s Who in Nursing at Methodist 1987
Previous Academic/Professional Positions
- Adjunct at HBU, Nursing Dept. 2010-2013
- UT Houston, Adjunct at UT Houston, FNP program
- Nurse Practitioner, Baylor College of Medicine
- Nurse Practitioner, UTMB in Galveston, Texas
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nurses
- Texas Nurse Practitioners Assoc.
- SUNA, Society of Urologic Nurses Assoc.
- AUA, American Urological Assoc.
- AANP. American Assoc. of Nurse Practitioners
- Theater Under the Stars Advisory Board
- Member of Bay Area Christian Church
- Hobbies: golf, walking, reading, traveling