This Week's Review: A Break

After a long and bruising session with my tax accountant, I was ready for some therapeutic cinematic diversion. But Hollywood failed to deliver anything remotely interesting for the March 24 weekend.

I was somewhat interested  in “Paul, Apostle of Christ,” a new biblical film from the same company that produced “Risen” a few years ago, but it was only advertised once and that trailer did not really grab my attention.I had also been interested by “Entebbe,” but the early reviews were so ghastly I decided to miss this version. I remember a very good television film made not longer after the incident; Yaphet Kotto chewed the scenery very effectively in his depiction of the monstrous Idi Amin. As I understand it, the most serious problem with this new film is a poorly paced ending which was evidently a chance for the producer or director’s current girlfriend to show that she is a good dancer.

Life should improve soon; Spielberg’s new fantasy epic is about to open and the newest “Avengers” installment is due next month.