- Professor of Biology
- Content Expert, BS Life Science Major (7-12) with ESL (Teacher Certification)
- Content Expert, BS Science (7-12) (Teacher Certification) with ESL
- Content Expert, BS Science (4-8) with ESL (Teacher Certification)
- Athletics Certification Officer (ACO)
- Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR)
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences, University of Texas Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
- BS in Biochemistry, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- AS in Sciences, Alvin Community College
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Integrating Concepts in Biology, our Capstone course
- Molecular Biology
- Cell Culture Techniques
- Animal Systems
- Biology Senior Seminars in Research
Awards and Honors
Dr. Horn has researched and published in tumor virology and genetics. Her dissertation focused on the retrovirus, Murine Sarcoma Virus, and its oncogene “src.” While at HCU, Dr. Horn has focused her research and presentations on science teaching strategies to encourage writing and critical thinking skills. She also serves as a reviewer of genetics textbooks and the MicrobeLibrary online Atlas. Presently, Dr. Horn is a part of the writing project at Houston Christian University.
Dr. Horn is the NCAA Athletics Certification Officer for the University. She serves on HCU’s Academic Affairs Committee and has served as the chair of the Medical Professions Advisory Committee and the Human Subjects Review Committee. She also has served as chair of the Cain Science Scholarship Committee and as a member of the Endowed Academic Scholarship committee. She served as a founding member of the HCU Honors College committee. Dr. Horn served as President of the HCU Faculty Assembly in 1995 and again in 2008-2009.
Dr. Horn enjoys working with the pre-optometry students and is the sponsor of HCU-POPS, the pre-optometry student organization. Dr. Horn is also the Faculty Secretary for the HCU Circle of Omicron Delta Kappa.
Dr. Horn has taught at the University of Houston, Alvin Community College and Houston Community College.
Dr. Horn served in 2010-2011 as the president of the Alumni steering committee for the University of Texas at Houston Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. She is also a member of the UTHealth Development Board.
She continues to promote scientific literacy as a consultant for area science fairs. Dr. Horn’s hobbies include learning, reading and photography.