- Associate Professor of Mathematics
- Program Coordinator, Mathematics (BS)
- PhD in Mathematics, University of Houston
- MS in Mathematics, University of Houston
- BA in Mathematics, University of Houston
Dr. Benitez is currently doing research in the area of epidemiology and is interested in exploring mathematical neuroscience. She is a member of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), the American Mathematical Society (AMS), and the Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM).
Dr. Benitez has served on several university committees, including the Faculty Assembly Executive Board.