- Associate Professor of Mathematics
- Member, QEP Implementation Committee
- Content Expert, BS Mathematics (4-8) with ESL (Teacher Certification)
- BS Mathematics (7-12) with ESL (Teacher Certification)
- PhD in Mathematics, University of Tennessee
- BS in Mathematics, University of Tennessee
- Introductory Algebra
- Intermediate Algebra
- Math for Critical Thinking
- College Algebra
- Calculus I
- Calculus II
- Foundations of Geometry
- Modern Abstract Algebra
- Introductory Statistics for the Life Sciences
- Probability and Statistics with Computer Applications
- Advanced Abstract Algebra
- Differential Geometry
Dr. Lewis’s doctoral research was in the field of complex hyperbolic geometry. His other mathematical interests include algebraic topology, differential geometry, and knot theory.
Before coming to HCU, Dr. Lewis taught mathematics at the University of Tennessee for seven years while completing his graduate work.
Dr. Lewis believes in being active in the local church and has led Bible studies and small groups for both adults and youth. He is an avid sports fan and participant, and enjoys reading as often as possible.