- Associate Professor of Finance
- Program Coordinator, Finance, BBA
- Coordinator, Online Programs, DCOB
- PhD in Business Administration, The University of Texas-Pan American
- MS in Management, University of Science and Technology of China
- BS in International Business, Chongqing University, China
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Management & Policy
- Financial Modeling and Valuation
- International Business
- International Finance
- Principles of Finance
- Risk Management
- Luo, Y., Lan, C. (2018) Price discovery study of Chinese ADRs on global markets. Journal of Finance and Economics, 6 (1), 32-37.
- Esqueda, O., Luo, Y., Jackson D. (2015). The linkage between the U.S. “fear index” and ADR premiums under non-frictionless stock markets. Journal of Economics and Finance, 39 (3), 541-556.
- Luo, Y. (2015) CEO power, ownership structure and pay performance in Chinese banking. Journal of Economics and Business, 82, 3-16.
- Luo, Y, Jackson, D. (2015). The financial crisis and systemic risks in Asia Pacific banks: an evaluation of policy responses. Asian Journal of Research in Banking and Finance, 5(6), 55-74.
- Luo, Y. (2014). Cross-listing, managerial compensation and corporate governance. Cogent Economics & Finance, 2(1), 1-17.
- Yang, X. and Luo, Y. (2014). Rumor clarification and stock returns: do bull markets behave differently from bear markets? Emerging Markets Finance & Trade, 50 (1), 197-209.
- Luo, Y. (2014). Economic freedom, financial crisis and stock volatilities in emerging markets. International Journal of Financial Management, 4(1), 1-10.
- Luo, Y. (2013). Inflation targeting and the dynamics between exchange rates and interest rates: evidence from Latin America. International Journal of Econometrics and Financial Management, 1(1), 5-13.
- Esqueda, O., Luo, Y. and Jackson D. (2013). The linkage between the U.S. “fear index” and ADR premiums under non-frictionless stock markets. Journal of Economics and Finance, 2013 (July), 1-16.
- Luo, Y., Fang, F. and Esqueda, O. (2012). The overseas listing puzzle: post-IPO performance of Chinese stocks and ADRs in the U.S. market. Journal of Multinational Financial Management. 22 (5), 193-211.
- Luo, Y. and Jackson D. (2012). Executive compensation, ownership structure and firm performance in Chinese financial corporations. Global Business and Finance Review, 17(1), 56-74.
- Esqueda, O., Jackson D. and Luo, Y. (2012). Profitability of foreign family-controlled firms: the case of American Depository Receipts. Journal of Business Issues, 2012 (1): 23-34.
- Luo, Y. and Esqueda, O. (2011). Cointegration and priority relationships between energy stocks and oil prices. The Journal of Current Research in Global Business, 14(21), 22-32.
Awards and Honors
- The Minnie Stevens Piper Professor Nominee at School of Business of WBU 2014-2015
- Best paper in finance award at Academy of Economics and Finance (AEF) conference 2012
- Best paper award at Association for Global Business (AGB) conference 2010
- The National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) grants (Project No. 70173013 & 71303210)
- The National Social Science Foundation of China (NSSFC) grants (Project No. 10zd&034)
Dr. Luo has professional experience in international business, financial management, and investment in stock, future & foreign exchanges. He has professional membership with the Financial Management Association (FMA), Southwestern Finance Association (SWFA), Academy of Economics and Finance (AEF), Association for Global Business (AGB). Dr. Luo serves as Faculty advisor for Delta Mu Delta, the International Business Honor Society and the Faculty coordinator of the Robert Griswold Finance and Analytics Lab.
Dr. Luo is very collegial and prolific; he has numerous publications and presentations, and he serves as an editorial board member and referee for 12 peer-reviewed journals. He enjoys integrating his faith into learning. His research interests focus on corporate financial management and global financial markets & institutions. He is married to Cindy, and they have three children. Dr. Luo enjoys playing tennis, swimming, riding motorcycles and traveling.