HBU Adjunct Professor Honored by Vigor Awards International

Houston Baptist University adjunct professor in the Archie W. Dunham College of Business, and business coach in the McNair Center for Entrepreneurship and Free Enterprise, Dr. Obiaukor Princess Mokolo, (HBU MEd ’16) was named the top winner of nominations across all categories and presented the Vigor Award 2018, recognizing her as the Humanitarian and Volunteer Hero of 2018 by Vigor Awards International. She was honored during a reception in Toronto in September.

Mokolo founded the Lucinma Women Development Centre in Lagos, Nigeria in 2004, and has carried its mission of helping high school graduates, educators, the unemployed and widows forward ever since. In Houston, she has also helped bridge the gap to help immigrants acquire entrepreneurial and job readiness skills, while actively serving as a SCORE mentor to help small businesses improve their effectiveness.

At the Canadian awards ceremony, Mokolo was surprised to receive the highest Vigor Awards honor in front of a room of humanitarian peers. “I felt so humbled by the selection and the honor before dignitaries of all levels of government. This is my life’s work, and I want to do so much more,” she said. Mokolo said of her learners at HBU, “I believe this is a message to my students, especially with the focus on faith and service as the framework for all of the teaching we do. Never grow weary of doing good.”