Bachelor of Social Work
Houston Christian University offers an accredited Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree program that prepares students for careers helping individuals, families, groups, and communities. Our values-focused curriculum equips students with the knowledge and skills needed to enact positive change as professional social workers.
Why Study Social Work at Houston Christian University?
Our BSW program provides a supportive Christian environment for students to grow personally and professionally. Small class sizes allow for close mentorship from experienced faculty. With a strong foundation in psychology, sociology, social welfare, and Christian studies, the program equips students to serve vulnerable populations with compassion.
Skills Gained with a BSW from HCU
- Assessing client needs, strengths, and challenges
- Building rapport and providing compassionate support
- Connecting people with community resources
- Advocating for vulnerable populations
- Designing and evaluating interventions
- Applying ethical principles and critical thinking
- Collaborating across disciplines and organizations
Advance Your Calling to Help Others
At Houston Christian, students grow intellectually, socially, and spiritually. Our Christ-centered social work program emphasizes the Christian calling to serve others with compassion. Students learn to integrate faith and practice as they become equipped to serve individuals, families, and communities as professional social workers.