- Professor of Mathematics
- Chair, Department of Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics
- PhD in Mathematics, Texas A&M University
- MS in Applied Mathematics, University of Colorado, Colorado Springs
- BS in Computer Science, Texas State University
- Math for Critical Thinking
- College Algebra
- Calculus I
- Calculus II
- Calculus III
- Differential Equations
- Engineering Math
- Probability and Statistics for Engineers and Scientists
- Discrete Mathematics
- Foundations of Mathematics
- Linear Algebra
- Modern Algebra
- Number Theory
- Real Variables I
Dr. Holcomb’s teaching is focused on creating an environment in which students actively participate and engage the mathematics. His area of specialization is commutative algebra with a focus on numerical semigroups.
He has published mathematical papers related to numerical semigroups in Communications in Algebra and Semigroup Forum as well as pedagogical papers in PRIMUS. He is also a member of the American Mathematical Society.
Awards and Honors
He earned the 2012 U.S. Air Force Academy’s Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Award for the project having the greatest potential for further application and impact.
Before coming to HCU, Dr. Holcomb taught mathematics at the U.S. Air Force Academy for almost 10 years.
Dr. Holcomb enjoys spending time with his family and playing speed chess.