Doctor of Education in Executive Leadership in Mental Health and Human Services
About the Degree
The doctoral program in Executive Educational Leadership in Mental Health and Human Services (EdD) is designed for individuals who already hold a master’s degree from an accredited institution and have demonstrated strong leadership skills in a variety of Mental Health and Human Service settings. It is a selective program. The courses are offered online in a fixed sequence and are designed to accommodate the working professional.
This program aims to produce graduates with the knowledge and skills to be hired and retained as high-quality administrators in mental health and human service agencies or to start business of their own. The program will provide learning experiences that will help to develop students’ professionalism (e.g., ethical knowledge, values based decision making, critical and systemic thinking, leadership) in addition to coursework that provides the foundational knowledge for success in their discipline.
Clinical, academic and spiritual considerations are all central in the strong doctorate program. With a Christian faith foundation, HCU enables learners to explore healing and wholeness outcomes from a whole-person perspective. Program professors and presenters are seasoned professionals who have both the practical and research experience to guide high-level students.
- The EdD program is designed as a three-year program for students.
- Each EdD student is expected to enroll and successfully complete each course.
- The student is expected to advance to candidacy and complete all courses and examinations within the period
specified by the EdD doctoral unit.
- The student is expected to maintain at least a 3.0 GPA with no grades below a B in any Doctoral courses.
- The student must pass all required examinations within two attempts.
- A student who fails to make satisfactory progress may be officially disqualified from the university upon
recommendation of the program faculty and in accordance with the established university policies.
This program is 100% online.
(EdD) in Executive Leadership in Mental Health and Human Services Degree Plan
Doctor of Education in Executive Leadership in Mental Health and Human Services (EdD) Degree Plan
The doctoral program consists of 63 credit hours with 26 hours in core leadership courses, 19 hours in core research courses, and 18 hours in executive mental health and human services leadership.