Transfer to HCU Online
Online Programs Are Transfer Friendly
Houston Christian University Online is dedicated to providing transfer students with easy and fair transfer evaluations for eligible course credits.
As an online student, you can transfer in up to 75% of your program’s total credit hour requirements, with a minimum of twenty-five percent that must be completed with Houston Christian University.
The Houston Christian University Online Office of Transfer Evaluation department exists to help students just like you transition between any previously attended institutions to one of our many degree programs.
Steps to Transfer to HCU
- Complete the Free Transfer Application at https://hc.edu/online-learning/apply-now/
- Submit Official Transcripts from each previously attended college or university
- Complete FAFSA at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
- Receive your admission decision 3 to 5 business days from HCU Online receiving your application and transcripts. (exceptions apply to certain programs that require interviews)
- If accepted reach out to our academic advising team for your next steps: 1-855-428-1960, select option #1.
- Call to schedule a financial aid appointment: 1-855-428-1960, select option #4
- Excludes remedial/developmental courses
- Excludes repeated courses
- Grade scales using +/- are converted, i.e. B- converts to B (3.00)
- GPA’s are combined from previously attended institutions
- Science and Math courses taken more than 7 years ago are not transferable for science majors
- D’s and F’s are nontransferable but do count towards your cumulative Admissions GPA
Texas Community College Guarantee
Houston Christian University has recently announced guaranteed admission for students who have completed an associate’s degree at a community college in Texas. Learn more details about our individual partner schools and the process here!
What Does This Mean for you?
If you’ve earned an associate’s degree from a community college in Texas, HCU will guarantee your admission if you meet our minimum grade requirements.
Your Liberal Arts Core is Complete
HCU will consider the general education component of the undergraduate curriculum complete (approximately 37 credit hours*).
*Exclusions include the required religion courses and any unmet pre-requisite course requirements specific to your major not taken at your community college. Learn more about HCU’s Liberal Arts Core.
Your Admission is Guaranteed
Enjoy a more streamlined admissions process and rest easy knowing that you are guaranteed admission to HCU! Save the stress and get started on preparations for your future career. Want to see how your credit will transfer? Take a look at our Course Equivalency Guide.
Note: Acceptance into the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is not guaranteed. See Admission Requirements for Nursing Students for more.
How to Apply for Guaranteed Admission
Complete an associate’s degree at a Texas community college.* Then, submit a transfer application to HCU along with an official transcript showing a completed associate’s degree. Rest assured that your admission is guaranteed!
Current Texas Community College Guarantee Partners:
- Alvin Community College
- Houston Community College
- Lone Star College
- Wharton County Community College
*Students who completed an associate’s degree or who received dual-credit while concurrently enrolled in high school are not currently eligible for guaranteed transfer admission.
- You can visit our transcript request links for assistance on how to request your transcript for admissions and transfer review.
- Texas Common Core Equivalency Guide: The Texas Common Course Numbering System (TCCNS) is a voluntary, co-operative effort among 137 Texas community colleges and universities to facilitate transfer of freshman and sophomore level general academic coursework.
- Credit by Exam
- Military Transfer Credit
For any additional transfer questions please email email@example.com.