Current Student Checklist

Step 1: Advising and Class Registration

To take advantage of Priority Registration, you will either need to make an appointment with your academic counselor or our Veterans Students Services office, if you do not know how to enroll in classes. All students using G.I. Bill® benefits must have their enrollment certified by the HCU School Certifying Official to receive their educational benefits.

Review the Academic Calendar to verify the pre-priority registration schedule for VA beneficiaries.

Step 2: VA Enrollment Certification Request Form

Notice: To be certified for benefits, this form must be completed and turned in every semester.

Complete the VA Enrollment Certification Request Form below and submit to the VA Coordinator at, by fax (281) 649-3440, mail, or in person.

Login to HuskyNet and then complete the form below.

Veteran Certification Request Form

Notify the VA Coordinator at of any changes to the following:

  • Filing of a Degree Plan
  • Changes in Major
  • Changes in Semester Schedule

You must notify the HCU Veterans Representative of these changes within 30 days. Failure to do so may result in over-payment and if you are overpaid the University is required to return any funds received from the VA which will result in the student owing a balance to the University.

Step 3: Certify Monthly Enrollment Status

Notice: To be certified for benefits, this form must be completed on the last day of every month.

Chapters 30, 1606, and 1607 Certification

This step applies only for Montgomery G.I. Bill (Chapter 30), Reserve G.I. Bill (Chapter 1606) and Activated Reservists Post 9/11 (Chapter 1607).

Certify monthly enrollment status via W.A.V.E. on the last day of every month while you are in school.

Chapter 33 Certification

Post-9/11 GI Bill® students who receive Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) and/or kicker payments are required to verify their enrollment to continue receiving their payments.

You can verify enrollment via text, email, or online at

Notice: If you need to verify your enrollment and are looking for instructions on how to do it, check out the How to Verify Enrollment for Post-9/11 GI Bill Students video.

Step 4: Get Involved

Husky Veteran Association Application