What To Bring
Make sure you arrive to GO wearing comfortable clothes. We have lots of fun activities planned all over campus, so comfort is key! While it is going to be HOT outside, our buildings are often cold! You may want to bring a light jacket for the indoor sessions.
Pillow, sleeping bag &/or twin XL bed linens/blanket
Toiletries & bath towel
Change of clothes for day 2
Tennis shoes for the campus activities
Money for snacks or goodies at the Bookstore Completed Forms:
Liability Form (included)
FERPA Form (Huskynet)
Final high school transcripts and/or test scores with graduation date
Parking Pass registration form (Huskynet)
Final College transcript (if applicable)
Where to Stay
STUDENTS: All incoming students will be staying in the Freshman Village residence halls on campus. All students attending a 2-Day Freshmen Orientation must spend the night at orientation. The overnight portion of the program has been specifically designed to give you a chance to become familiar with campus and meet your peers. If for some reason you are not able to stay on campus, you must notify us prior to your Orientation session by emailing GO@hbu.edu.
Get Oriented “GO” To-Do Checklist
1. Submit final high school, dual credit & college transcripts:
All students are required to submit a final copy of high school transcript with graduation date to the office of admission. You may bring your to your GO summer session. Transcripts are due, August 1.
2. Submit/Bring your vaccination records:
This is required for all first-time college students under the age of 22. Vaccinations must be within 5 years. Those record are due, August 1. Find out more meningitis vaccinations and other health requirements below. Those can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Complete On-Campus or Off -Campus Housing Registration:
All students must complete their housing registration. Whether you live on or off campus that must be complete to ensure that all charges on your account are posted correctly. As a reminder all freshmen are required to live on-campus.
Have questions about housing? email email@example.com.
Check Back for Orientation Schedule
- Liability Waiver Form
- Bacterial Meningitis form
- FERPA form (Complete on HuskyNet)
- Final high school transcripts and/or test scores with graduation date
- Parking Pass form (Complete on HuskyNet)
- Final Dual Credit College transcript , if applicable
Once you have attended a “GO” session, there are a number of things to do before you make the move to Houston. Use this checklist to ensure you have a smooth transition into college life!
- Contact The Department of Success and Advising for any schedule change requests or questions after “GO” firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to sign-up for Welcome Days if you have not done so already!
- Log into HuskyNet and learn where to look up your schedule for current semester.
- Submit any remaining final transcripts or test scores. Due, August 1
- Submit any placement test scores. Due, August 1
- Purchase your textbooks for your new courses.
- Tuition and Payments Plan registration is due by August 16, 2023 you can register on your HuskyNet.
- Get in touch with your roommate! Check your housings portal and begin to get to know them.