HCU Admissions Placement Exams
Houston Christian University requires the following placement assessments to determine readiness for various lower-level math courses: the ALEKS math placement exam, the Accuplacer English placement exams, or the Spanish Heritage Speaker Exam.
Pell-eligible Student Test Fee Waiver
We are pleased to inform you that as a Pell-eligible student, you may be qualified for a test fee waiver for the Accuplacer and Spanish Heritage exams. This opportunity is aimed at easing the financial burden associated with testing fees and ensuring that every student has an equal chance to demonstrate their academic abilities. Email Mr. Anthony Kazan, our HCU Testing Director, who will verify your Pell-eligibility and schedule you for the exam. Mr. Kazan can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Don’t miss out on this valuable opportunity! By taking advantage of the Accuplacer and Spanish Heritage test fee waiver, you can concentrate on preparing for your examinations without worrying about the financial aspect. It’s our goal to support your academic success and create an inclusive environment for all students.
Please review the Credit By Examination and Scores Requirements for Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Examination Program (CLEP).
HCU Campus Testing Information
Note: Additional information and sign-up for exams at HC.edu/testing. Please arrive at designated time to allow plenty of time for the exam and bring a photo ID.
- Closed Test Dates: Test dates are taken offline when all seats are filled or when the registration deadline (one day before the test) is past. See standby information below for further information
- Make sure you know your HuskyNet User ID Number (H#). It is required for registration. (I don’t know my HuskyNet User ID Number)
- You will be provided a computer for taking the assessment
- HCU ID or driver’s license is required for check in
- Cell phones must be turned completely OFF and left in designated area for prohibited items.
- No backpacks or purses are allowed and must be left in designated area for prohibited items
- Jackets and sweaters may not worn during testing, except for medical reasons
- No hats, scarves, hoodies or any head coverings allowed, except for religious reasons
- No cell phones, food or drink are allowed during the test session, except water in a clear bottle with label removed
- Rescheduling or Canceling – To reschedule or cancel a test, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Standby Testing – Those wishing to test on a date that is “offline” may be considered for testing on a “standby” basis at the discretion of the test administrator.
Testing Center is located in the Moody Library, 1st floor, Room 121
When you register for a test through Registration Blast, you will be able to select a date and time that the exam is offered.