We support over 90 courses and are dedicated to the academic success of all HCU students. Tutoring services will be conducted remotely through university Blackboard services (ASC Online Tutoring) and in-person through our Tutoring Center. We have several services to help you meet your academic goals.
- Course-Specific Tutoring: offered in 90 courses in person
- Writing Tutoring: offered in-person and online
- Graduate Tutoring: offered in writing, along with in-person and online
- Academic Coaching: personalized 15-30 minute weekly sessions assisting with time management and study skills
- Supplemental Instruction: study sessions led by an upper-classmen peer who attends the class lecture
- Test Reviews: 2-hour reviews at the request of the professor before a major test
- Workshops: focusing on high need areas
- Weekly Study Groups: study groups with other students who can help each other
- English Language Learner (ELL) and Reading Comprehension Support: assistance in learning reading and writing strategies for the English language
Schedule An Appointment
Students can schedule appointments. You can also make an appointments in Pathfinder as follows:
- Use the HCU Portal to access Pathfinder
- Pick your course or type of tutoring and select a time that works for both you and the tutor
For help scheduling an appointment or any other questions and concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become A Tutor
We are so excited you are considering applying to be a member of our tutoring staff! Please review the requirements and guidelines for peer-tutor jobs and becoming a tutor.