Candidates for a *single major undergraduate baccalaureate degree must complete the following requirements:
*Students completing a double major should consult their HCU catalog and see their advisor for detailed requirements.
- Complete a minimum of 120 credit hours with no fewer than 30 semester hours of upper level courses.
- No more than four (4) credit hours of activity courses in Kinesiology will count towards the degree credit hour requirement.
- Complete at least 43 credit hours of the Liberal Arts Core Curriculum.
- Each major may have its own prescribed Liberal Arts Core Requirements. Please see your advisor in your major.
- At least 25 percent of the credit hours required for an undergraduate degree from Houston Christian University must be earned through Houston Christian University. No more than 75% of the credits transferred into Houston Christian University may be applied to a degree awarded by Houston Christian University. Hours taken at HCU must include at least 12 semester hours of upper level courses in the major completed at HCU with a grade of “C” or better in each course.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 with no grade below “C” in courses required for the major.
- If completing a MINOR, at least 9 upper level hours of RESIDENCY at HCU included in the MINOR with grade of C or higher in all courses.
- Once admitted to HCU, prior approval must be obtained for any courses taken at another college. Students can only transfer up to 18 credit hours once they have matriculated at HCU.
- File a degree plan with the Office of the Academic Records before 64 credit hours have been completed.
- File an Intent to Graduate application with the Office of the Academic Records at least one (1) semester before the anticipated date of graduation.