Spanish Placement Tests
Heritage Spanish Credit by Examination is a test that grants students credit based on prior proficiency in Spanish. Students who are proficient in Spanish to previous study or native ability may pursue a Spanish major or minor on the Advanced Spanish track. To be in this track students are required to take the Spanish Heritage Exam at the testing center.
Based on performance, a student may earn up to 9 hours of Spanish credit and may receive credit for SPAN 2314, SPAN 2324, and 3 upper-division hours. Credit earned depends on the student’s score on the Spanish Heritage exam. In order to receive the credits, a student must apply the credits towards a Spanish minor or major and take two additional Spanish courses.
In a hypothetical example, a student earning all 9 hours of credit (demonstrating strong proficiency) would earn credit for 2314, 2324, and 3 hours upper-division credit (thus applying 9 hours towards a minor or major in Spanish). The remaining hours to complete a minor or major in Spanish would consist of upper-level Spanish grammar, conversation, writing, literature, linguistics, and cultural classes.
- Student must present Valid I.D. at test time (Passport, Student I.D., State I.D., Etc…)
- A $27.50 payment is required for administering test.
- Pell-eligible students have the opportunity to receive a test fee waiver for their Spanish Heritage exams, relieving the financial burden associated with testing fees. To determine eligibility and schedule a testing appointment, students are encouraged to contact Mr. Anthony Kazan at email@example.com.
- The results will be available 5-7 business days after taking the exam.
- The results will expire after two years from the day that the exam was taken.
- The Spanish Heritage test may not be retaken within a three-month period.
- Make sure you know your HuskyNet User ID Number (H#). It is required for registration. (I don’t know my HuskyNet User ID Number)
- Include a valid email account
- An ID number will be emailed after you register.
- You will need to use the emailed ID number to access the Spanish Placement.
Test Day Instructions
- Arrive at the Testing center (Moody Library Room 121, no less than 30 minutes before the exam)
- Spanish Placement will be available on Mondays at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- If you have any issues on the day of the exam please contact the HCU testing office phone: 281-649-3236, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Dr. Bermejo at 281-649-3677 or ebermejo@HC.edu
- Rescheduling or Canceling – To reschedule or cancel a test, email testing@HC.edu.