Massive Online Expansion to Connect to Students Worldwide!

The News Magazine of HCU

College in the Cloud- Part 1

Next Part >

HBU student Michael DeVito understands firsthand what it takes to become a leader in the field. The former NFL lineman spent nearly a decade playing for the New York Jets and Kansas City Chiefs. After retiring from pro-football last year, he felt God call him to attend graduate school and study apologetics at HBU.

“To say that some were surprised by this decision is an understatement,” DeVito said. “Here’s this guy who slams his head against metal for a living seeking a graduate degree in Christian theology.”

DeVito says he came to Christ in 2007 and read Timothy Keller’s book, “The Reason for God – Belief in the Age of Skepticism.” The New York Times bestseller explores how literature, philosophy, and reasoning support faith in a Christian God as a rational belief. “I was inspired, deciding that whatever Keller is exploring in this book, I want to study.”

DeVito resides in Bangor, Maine, with wife Jessie, and sons Rocco, 3, and Sal, 6 months, so an online degree program seemed his best option. He was searching nationwide for top online programs when a friend suggested he look into HBU.

“When I saw the philosophical track, I was drooling. Here I am in one-on-one discussions with the best professors worldwide and brilliant students who inspire me,” DeVito added. ” It’s certainly challenging; it has also exceeded my expectations.”

Next Part >