I'm a Husky! Submit Your Application Deposit Now!

International Admissions Checklist

Get Your Username

As a new student, you will need your HuskyNet User ID (H-Number) and your HCU OneLogin username to perform many necessary functions. You can locate your HuskyID and username below:

What is my HuskyNet User ID and HCU OneLogin Username?

Complete Immigration and Financial Aid Information

A. Submit documents needed to receive an I-20.

  1. Upload a copy of your passport or email to goglobal@HC.edu. If you are inside the U.S. already, please also provide a copy of your visa, I-94, and I-20 (if you are already in F-1 status).
  2. Provide proof of financial documentation: Please complete the financial affidavit here. Please list the name and email address of your financial sponsor. They will be sent an email with a form to complete.
  3. You’ll need to upload or email financial documents from your sponsor. You can provide 3 months of bank statements or an official bank letter from within the last 6 months.
  4. If you are already in the U.S. you will need to complete the transfer form with your current international advisor and request they transfer your SEVIS record to HCU.

Complete Financial Documentation

B. Once we have all of your documents, then you will receive an I-20 document from the International Student Services office. You would then need to follow these next steps:

  1. Pay the SEVIS fee if necessary (first time F-1 students).
  2. Find the closest embassy or consulate to you.
  3. Complete the DS-160 to apply for an F-1 student visa.
  4. Schedule your visa interview (F-1 students currently outside the U.S.) and let goglobal@HC.edu know the date.
  5. Attend the visa interview and let goglobal@HC.edu know if your F-1 visa stamp is approved.
  6. You may enter the U.S. as early as 30 days before the program start date on your I-20.
  7. Once inside the U.S. you will need to meet with the international office for an in person official check in appointment.

C. Schedule a financial aid appointment. Financial aid appointments are only held Monday-Friday. Once you receive your award letter schedule a time to meet with one of our counselors to discuss, financial awards, loans, grants.

Schedule A Financial Aid Appointment


Secure Your Spot in #HCUBound

Confirm your enrollment with a $200 enrollment deposit, paid with a debit or credit card. This is applied to your student account. Cash, check payments can be made in person, Husky Central, 7205 Fondren Rd., Houston, TX 77074.

Pay My Enrollment Deposit

Review Your Housing Options

You are eligible to receive a housing application after you satisfy the $200 enrollment deposit.  All freshmen are required to live on-campus and must submit a housing application. Housing applications will be available March 1. If you have family members who live in the Houston area and wish to live with them, you are welcome to do so as well.

Questions about housing? Email ResLife@HC.edu.

Register for “GO” (Get Oriented) Session

If you are currently in the US, please go ahead and sign up for a GO Orientation session. If you will be traveling from outside the US, please wait until you have obtained your F-1 student visa stamp, and then register for Distance Advising by emailing goglobal@HC.edu.

Registration for orientation starts March 1 if you are admitted to Fall term, in May if you are admitted to Summer term, or in November if you are admitted to Spring term.

Learn your way around campus, meet with an academic advisor, spend time with other incoming students and register for classes – it’s all at “GO” and it’s required for all freshmen.

Learn more about “GO”

Submit Proof of Meningitis Vaccination

Per Texas law, all students under the age of 22 who are attending a new college after January 1, 2014, must have received the meningitis vaccination no more than 5 years prior to the first day of class. In addition, you must have received the vaccination at least 10 days prior to the start of class or campus move-in.

Learn More and Fill Out the Form

Send Your Final Transcripts

All offers of admission are tentative until the Office of Admissions receives your final high school and/or college transcripts. You must make arrangements with your high school or college registrar to send your final high school and college transcripts to our office no later than August 1. Your final high school transcript must include your graduation date.

Houston Christian University, Office of Admissions, 7502 Fondren Road, Houston, Texas 77074

Submit online:
TREX code: 6282

In Person:
Sealed envelope to Husky Central Admissions, 7502 Fondren Road, Houston, Texas 77074