Financial Documentation

Fill out the following form and submit it, either through email or mail, to our office. The financial affidavit demonstrates that the applicant can be supported throughout their academic career.

  1. Download and complete the appropriate financial affidavit.
  2. Provide a sponsor that will financially supports your studies.
  3. Provide official bank documents that verifies the amount stated on the Affidavit.
  4. Submit the bank documents and financial affidavit to the International Office to

 Financial Affidavits

The international office in compliance with immigration law requires a completed financial affidavit with a witness certifying the signature of the person providing the support. The amount of support that should be written on the financial affidavit for a single person should correspond to the total breakdown of estimated yearly academic expenses per program.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If the dependent(s) will travel to the U.S. with student, add an additional $5,000 per person for one year, to the total amount and write that figure in the blank.

Select the appropriate financial affidavit depending on your academic program:


Undergraduate Financial Affidavit


Supporting Bank Documents

Original financial documents are required and must be mailed.

All students who would like to enter the U.S. or currently residing in the U.S. on an F-1 Student Visa must submit documentation that they have adequate financial support to cover tuition, books, fees, room and board while they are a student in the U.S.

Provide one of the following to show financial support:

  • A certified copy of the bank account of the person providing the support or a letter from a bank (in English showing the amount in U.S. dollars) confirming the required funds are available to the student in the U.S. Students under twenty-one (21) years of age must have their financial affidavit signed by a sponsor over the age of twenty-one (21).
  • If the sponsor does not have sufficient funds in the bank, the sponsor should get a letter from his/her employer on company letterhead. The letter should state whether the job is temporary or permanent, salary, date employment began and job description.


Scholarships awarded to applicants may be used to cover costs. HCU scholarships will be applied automatically. Any outside scholarships through private institutions, churches, or embassies may be used. We ask that applicants provide appropriate documentation along with their financial documents affirming their scholarships. Our merit scholarships are also available to international students. However, the requirements remain the same for all applicants.

For information and award amounts: Freshman Scholarships.

HCU Transfer Scholarships

Transcript evaluations will be used to asses transfer scholarship amounts. A minimum of 15 college hours is required to be eligible for these scholarships. Cumulative GPA will be used to determine the appropriate amount.

For information and award amounts: Transfer Scholarships.

HCU Graduate Scholarships

Available graduate scholarships depends on the graduate program. Many programs require a GRE or GMAT score for specific scholarships. Please visit the scholarship site for specific requirements.

For information and available scholarships: Graduate Scholarships.

Please contact the Office of International Services if you have any questions.

Transfer-In Form

This form is for active F-1 students currently attending a U.S. school who seek to transfer their SEVIS to a new U.S. school. This form confirms your student status and allows us to transfer your SEVIS record.
Fill out the following form and submit it through mail or email to our office. The applicant fills out the top portion of the Transfer-in form. The Designated School Official (DSO) completes and submits this form to the HCU international office. Your DSO may often be located through the international office of your current school. All Current F-1 students, freshmen and transfers, require this form.

Transfer-In Form

Please ask your DSO to send it through email.