Foreign Transcript Evaluations
Domestic (U.S.) High Schools and College Transcripts
These must be sent directly by the issuing institution. Domestic transcripts do not need to be evaluated. All foreign transcripts must first be evaluated.
International (non-U.S.) High Schools and College Transcripts
These must be sent first to a separate evaluation agency. HCU must receive evaluations from the agencies. *Exception: International American schools approved by an American Accrediting Agency do not meet to provide transcript evaluations (please read below for more information). Please Note:
WE DO NOT ACCEPT NON-EVALUATED INTERNATIONAL (non-U.S.) TRANSCRIPTS SENT DIRECTLY BY APPLICANTS.
Steps to Evaluation
- Explore the following options for transcript evaluations. More agencies are available, but these tend to be the more commonly used.
- Send all outside transcripts to the approved evaluation agency.
- Apply for a Detailed, Course by Course Evaluation. Agencies most commonly used by students are listed here. Evaluations may cost an average of $170 U.S.D.
- Ask the agency to send the evaluation Houston Christian University.
- You may contact the international office after 2 weeks to check on the status of your evaluation.
|SDR Educational Consultants
Phone: (713) 460-3525
|SpanTran Educational Services, Inc.
Applications: Graduate or Undergraduate
Phone: (713) 266-8805
|WES World Education Services
Phone: (212) 966-6311
|Foreign Credential Services of America
Phone: (512) 459-8428
Important Information for Transfer Students:
1. If you have less than 30 hours, you may be asked to send in an additional High School Transcript Evaluation.
2. Please note that all college-level classes taken outside the United States will transfer to HCU on a case-by-case basis.
3. If you would like a class taken abroad to count towards your degree as an HCU class, you must petition separately for each class with the academic department. If you are planning to seek equivalent course credit for any classes taken abroad, you must provide course descriptions / syllabi for each class. These descriptions must come from your educational institutions and must be in English.
There is no guarantee that the academic department will be able to award HCU equivalent credit, even with course descriptions.
Accredited International American Schools
Transcripts from schools accredited by one of the following agencies will be treated as a domestic transcript. If you are unsure, you may need to ask your school’s administration. You may also search your school in one of the following agency’s sites. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools M
New England Association of Schools and Colleges EH
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools NH
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities NW
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools SC
Western Association of Schools and Colleges WC
Western Association of Schools and Colleges WJ