Current International Students
Please see below for helpful information and documents for current International HCU Students.
I have been accepted!
Congratulations on your acceptance to Houston Christian University! There are several next steps that you need to take in order to move forward with your enrollment at HCU:
- Pay your deposit (undergraduate students)
- Make sure that all of your immigration documents have been submitted so that you can receive your I-20 (F-1 students)
- Make sure that HCU has your correct mailing address to send the I-20 and admission letter
- Complete your meningitis vaccination (students under 22 years old)
- Have your F-1 SEVIS record transferred from your current school to HCU (F-1 students currently inside the U.S.)
- Schedule your visa interview (F-1 students currently outside the U.S.)
- Pay the SEVIS fee if necessary (first time F-1 students)
Optional Practical Training (OPT)
Optional Practical Training (OPT) is temporary employment that is directly related to an F-1 student’s major area of study. F-1 students may apply to receive up to a total of 12 months of practical training either before (pre-) and/or after (post-) completion of studies. Please refer to the following information and forms regarding OPT:
Request for Reduced Course Load (RCL) Authorization
Current students may seek a reduced course load for one of the following reasons: Academic Difficulties, Medical Conditions, or Completion of Course Study. A student who drops below a full course of study without the prior approval of the DSO will be considered out of status.
Request for Change of Non-Immigrant Status to F-1 Student Status
Certain international students may seek to extend or change their status to another non-immigrant status, or an F-1 student may need to apply for reinstatement. If you are seeking to change your immigration status in the U.S. or need reinstatement to legal F-1 status, please contact the International Office for more information and to make an appointment: goglobal@HBU.edu.
- Curricular Practical Training