Student Foundation is Houston Christian University’s only student organization associated with the Office of the President. We serve as ambassadors for Christ and for Houston Christian University to HCU friends, donors, students, alumni, faculty, staff, and the community. We exist as servant leaders to advance the mission of Houston Christian University through encouraging stewardship and networking opportunities, leadership, outreach, and by building lasting relationships in Christ. “Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.” 2 CORINTHIANS 5:20
Purpose of the Student Foundation
- Foster meaningful relationships among students, alumni, faculty, and friends of the
- Provide a means for students to become involved and maintain a connection with
Student Foundation and each other.
- Work closely with administration to help run major university events
- Provide opportunities for students to further pursue professional and intellectual
interests, especially through networking and making contacts at various events.
- Promote the university’s commitment to Biblical principles and spiritual
development and in everything to bring glory to God and His Son, Jesus Christ,
through the Holy Spirit.
- Commit to the program for a minimum of one year (fall and spring semester).
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average, and be in good standing with all
- Candidates must make a commitment to the mission of the university and the
Student Foundation program, and possess the following personal qualities: a strong
desire to learn and practice good leadership skills, enthusiasm, responsibility,
dependability, maturity, initiative, dedication and punctuality.
- Make a lasting impact on the HCU community through servant leadership.
- Interact with university alumni, administrators, faculty, staff, and guests (sometimes
including legislators and state officials).
- Learn important interpersonal skills while gaining professional experiences.
- Gain valuable information about HCU and higher education events.
- Meet and network with HCU officials and donors, as well as alumni, staff,
administrators and community leaders.
- Free admission and reserved seating at select special events and programs.
- Official Student Foundation uniforms, lapel pin, and name badge.
- Applications will be accepted near the end of the spring semester and are open to
incoming sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
- Each prospective member’s application will be subject to review. If passed, an
interview will be scheduled.
- The committee for the interview may consist of the Director of Student Foundation,
alumni relations staff, campus life staff, events staff, deans of various schools,
representatives of the office of the president, or other HCU administrators and staff.
- After the interview process is complete, the President of HCU will approve the final
selections for the Student Foundation members.
- All applicants shall be notified of acceptance or denial by phone, email, or in person
following completion of the selection process.