Updates on 2024-2025 FAFSA Applications and Estimated Offer Letters

Due to the significant delays in the Department of Education processing, we anticipate processing your FAFSA application in our system by the end of April. We are working diligently to process estimated award offers by the end of April to early May.

We anticipate another update from the Department of Education after May 1st. At that time, we will reprocess financial aid offers and notify you to review your updated offer in the HuskyNet Portal. Our office is dedicated to assisting our students and families with this year’s FAFSA delays.

If you have any questions, please contact our office. Thank you for your patience!

Renewal of Aid

Receiving a renewal of a scholarship or loan is dependent upon demonstrated financial need and satisfactory academic progress. Current/returning students should take the below steps to ensure the renewal of their aid.

1. Submit Your FAFSA Annually

Returning students must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually to receive financial aid consideration. The renewing and awarding of scholarships, grants, loans, etc. is based on the student’s current calculated financial need, availability of funds. Financial aid will be made reasonably available to all eligible applicants as long as funds are available.

2. Confirm Your Satisfactory Academic Progress

Confirm your eligibility for fund renewal for scholarships and merit-based aid. The renewing and awarding of some grants, loans, and scholarships is based on academic policy and standards set forth by the particular aid involved.

Scholarship Renewal

HCU merit scholarships are renewable for the duration of a student’s studies as long as (s)he meets the GPA requirement for the scholarship and maintains continuous full-time enrollment.  For incoming freshmen, merit scholarships are renewable for up to eight semesters.  For transfer students, they are renewable for up to seven semesters based upon the student’s status at the time of admission to HCU.  Graduate students should contact their department for information about scholarships.