Timeline and Checklist for Financial Aid
Below is a sample timeline of the financial aid cycle for first-year students entering HCU in the fall term. It is important that first-year students submit their FAFSA application prior to the March 1 deadline so that the Financial Aid office can begin preparing financial aid award packages and information. Returning students must submit their FAFSA by April 15 for consideration of renewal of aid.
Click the image to expand.
Other items to consider:
- If you are receiving outside aid, be sure to have money submitted to HCU along with any required paperwork as soon as possible. Learn more about outside aid.
- Need help verifying your financial aid? Check out this page on how to submit the required forms in your HC.StudentForms.com account.
Complete Your Checklist
- Create a FSA ID at studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/launch. Parents of dependent students will need to create their own FSA ID.
- Complete the FAFSA at studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
- Complete the Terms and Conditions at HuskynetSSO.hbu.edu. Go to My Financial Aid and then the Resources tab.
- If you were offered loans, accept/reduce or decline offer(s). Follow the steps at HC.edu/finaid/applying-for-aid/.
- Complete Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note at studentaid.gov.
- Complete missing requirements at HC.StudentForms.com.
- Complete Texas Residency Questionnaire at HC.StudentForms.com.
- Continue to research and apply for Scholarships and Grants at HC.edu/finaid/types-of-aid/scholarships/.
- Check your billing charges and apply for a payment plan in TouchNet at HC.edu/student-accounts/payment-portal/.
- Frequently review your HCU email for all communications, and HuskyNet for award updates and disbursements!
Check Your Financial Aid Status
You will receive an email when the Office of Financial Aid receives and processes your FAFSA application. You will then be notified when your Financial Aid is available to view in Husky Net or if you have any outstanding documents needed before your financial aid package can be finalized. Specific instructions regarding how to access HCU’s systems and set up your HCU OneLogin can be found online.