Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
About the BS in Cybersecurity
Secure your future and be prepared to take on the cybersecurity threats of today with Houston Christian University’s Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity. This forward-thinking and heavily project-based program is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills to tackle various challenges in the field, such as ethical hacking, developing secure networks, and reverse engineering malware.
With a curriculum that includes courses on digital forensics, cryptography, and network security, students will gain an understanding of the fundamentals of cybersecurity and be prepared to enter this rapidly-growing field.
*This program is pending approval by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Who Should Consider HCU's BS in Cybersecurity Degree?
Students considering careers in cybersecurity and information technology should consider HCU’s Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity. This program is tailored for those who thrive in thinking logically, solving problem, and keeping a close eye on details. Individuals who enjoy sleuthing and detective work, and also have a strong foundation in math, would flourish in this program at HCU.
Cybersecurity Career Paths
- Information Security Analyst
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Security Operations Operator
- End User Support
- IT auditor
- Software developer
- Cybersecurity Consultant
- Network technician
- System Administrator
Elevate Your Cybersecurity Career Opportunities
HCU’s BS in Cybersecurity program enables students to grow and learn and embark upon a cybersecurity career. Graduates of this program will be empowered with a thorough knowledge of cybersecurity fundamentals and equipped to begin their career.
HCU students in this program will gain a number of skills, including the following:
- Understanding the different types of cyber attacks and how they are carried out.
- Knowing how to program in more than one computer language.
- Administering and maintaining computers, servers, and other devices.
- How to carry out ethical hacking so and how to stop/block attacks.
- Building and maintaining a secure computer network.
- How to perform basic digital forensics and how to to use those skills to testify in court.
- How security attacks should be handled and what is needed to properly recover from
attacks and computer infections.
- How to reverse engineer malware and computer viruses in order to fix programs stop the
spread of viruses.
- Knowing the basics of cryptography and how to encrypt data and systems.
To assist students in further elevating their cybersecurity careers, HCU is proud to offer a Master of Science in Cybersecurity.