Moody Library offers a number of library services to its users. Please use the links to the left to access the services you might need. Services specifically related to finding and using library materials can be found in the Research Assistance section of this website.
Types of Services
- InterLibrary Loan Services (more details, questions)
- Interlibrary Journal Request Form – to request journals not owned by or accessible to HCU.
- Interlibrary Book Request Form – to request books not owned by or accessible to HCU.
- TexShare Cards – HCU Moody Library can provide TexShare cards to HCU students giving the holder the right to check out up to four items from affiliated TexShare libraries around the state. Cards are valid for only one semester at a time and available at the Moody Library Reference Desk. NOTE ABOUT RICE UNIVERSITY: To borrow materials from Rice, you must first speak with the HCU Reference Librarian to receive permission from Rice, according to their policy. Please stop by for a visit or give us a call at 281-649-3180.
- Faculty Services – Resources available for HCU Faculty
- Course Reserves – Faculty can request specific physical items be placed on reserve for their class. Items will be kept at the Circulation Desk.
- Request Library Instruction Class – for faculty or academic support groups or student organizations to request a librarian’s visit to improve your research.
- Request New Materials – If you do not find an item in our collection but think we should add it, please request it with this form.
- My Library Account – Check your account, online renewals. H-number and library PIN required.
- Contact the Reference Desk
- SMS Text Questions: Text LIST to (518) 633-4687 for a list of answers to many of our most asked questions (24×7) or just type your question instead.