Reference Librarian Hours of Availability
- Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (7:00 p.m. in the summer)
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Reference Librarians use both general and subject specific reference works, electronic databases and journals, and other information sources to help users with their requests. They can teach search strategies, how to improve your database use, and much more.
Contacting A Reference Librarian
- Schedule an In-depth research assistance appointment. In-depth assistance works best either in-person or via Zoom.
- Create a tutoring appointment.
- Reference Desk Phone number: 281-649-3180
- SMS Text Questions: 518-633-4687
- HCU Answers or email email@example.com
Research Help Center
The library has created a research paper help guide to walk you methodically through the development of your assignment. There is even a section for faculty and how they use these modules in Blackboard. The optimal word is research. You can dive into whatever section you need day or night, on or off-campus. This guide is divided into seven sections and includes 68 brief videos and tutorials designed by librarians to guide your thinking and approaches to your research. Don’t forget about the writing services available from HCU’s outstanding Academic Success Center to blend your research into a well-written project. Their writing services are offered both in person and online (call 281-649-3226 for more). The librarians and the ASC have the resources and skills to help your do your best!
LibGuides Subject Guides
We would be delighted if our patrons would take some time to browse the various LibGuides. These handy research guides serve as research starting points and cover most major academic topics taught.