Student Experience: Linh-ly Vinh, Class of 2020

The News Magazine of HCU

After looking at all of my options, I decided that HBU was the best option for me.

I am a Psychology major with a Family Studies minor and am in the Honors College. I see myself doing counseling with couples and families; I really like helping people and getting to know how people think and view the world.

I have been involved with Life Tree Ministries (LTM) through BSM. LTM is a program where we go to a refugee apartment complex and share the Gospel with children and help them with their homework. I have also been a social media student worker in the Department of Student Success. Taking part in the ministry and the student worker position has pushed me out of my comfort zone. It allowed me to get to know more people outside of my classes and initial friend group.

HBU is such a welcoming community, and you immediately feel like you are a part of the family. It has been such a wonderful experience getting to know, not only my fellow classmates, but also the HBU faculty and staff. Every person I have met at HBU has helped me grow as a person.

I am really glad that I chose HBU because I had a major transition from my high school experience to college. But, HBU helped make that transition easier by being so welcoming and open, and helped me realize that I did make the right decision for me.