Passages Israel Leadership Trip
What is Passages? Passages is sponsored by The Philos Project and in cooperation with the Museum of the Bible Foundation, offering Christian college students with leadership potential a creative next-generation approach to experiencing the Holy Land. Participants will encounter the roots of their Biblical faith first-hand and come face-to-face with the modern-day miracle that is Israel. Upon their return, participants will have opportunities to build upon their trip experiences by engaging in further leadership training, with an end goal of being an informed voice for both their Christian faith and for Israel.
Before subsidization, the Passages program costs approximately $5,000. Because of Passages’ generous donors, this opportunity is available to participants for a registration cost of $2,550. This amount includes a $150 program deposit that is eligible to be refunded upon completion of the Capstone Project within 45 days of your return from Israel.
Students interested to participate can apply by using this link, Winter 2022-2023 Student Application – Passages Israel (smapply.io).
Selected students (up to 41 spots available for HCU students) will be notified and given the link to complete their registration and payment. Applicants will be chosen based on the following qualifications, as well as answers given to the questions on the interest form.
Trip Dates and Deadlines:
- Trip: January 1-11, 2023
- Student applications open: April 25, 2022-September 15, 2022
- Selected students (these will be notified) accept the trip: by October 25, 2021
- Participants registration deadline: October 25, 2022 (Payment is due at time of registration as well as a valid U.S. Passport)
Basic Qualifications for this trip:
- Must be enrolled as full-time or part-student at HCU. Graduated seniors are eligible up to one year after their graduation date.
- The age requirement is between 18-30 years old
- Commitment to the Christian faith
- Must be involved in or show potential for leadership at HCU
- Review other parameters and expectations for the trip within the student application
Want to learn more about the trip? Register for and attend one of the Zoom interest sessions.